Most Humans are part of the Siglia Empire, owing their allegiance to the Emperor and Empress. Life under the Empire is generally fair and most citizens and content. Taxes are paid and the Army is quick to defend towns and villages from orcish marauders and sky pirates.
On the outer Isles, there are some smaller fiefdoms that haven’t allied with the Empire, but few of them have any noteworthy military or financial support; they haven’t been annexed mostly due to a lack of interest. The locations that had significant resources or advantageous land were entered into the Empire, peacefully or forcefully. There are many outer Isles with a good deal of hostility to the Empire, and small-scale rebellions have been known to flare up, but the Imperial Army puts a swift end to those.
Humans of the Empire may vary wildly, but most tend towards darker skin and lighter hair. Men and women both average near six feet in height, and their eyesight is sharp. Generations of living under the Heart of the World has subtly changed most Core Isle humans, giving them (as a race) an improved grasp of magical energy. Advanced human Mages have been known to rival Elvish mages.
- Human (Playable Race)
- Average Height: 5’5" – 6’5" (male and female)
- Lifespan: 70-90 years; adulthood at 20 years
- Ability Scores: Pick from one of the following options:
- Increase all abilitie scores by 1 point
- Alternatively, increase two abilities by 1 point each, and gain Proficiency in one skill of your choice as well as one Feat of your choice
- Speed: base land speed 30’
- Size: Medium
- Languages: All Humans speak Common and one additional language; typically, most Core humans speak Dwarvish or Elvish.